So it's been quite a week away from the boys. It's always so hard to travel but I know they've had fun with Daddy!
Just a couple of funnies to add to the list from this weekend. The first would come from my most lovely and sweet 5 yr old. We had a nice snow storm yesterday and by 2pm it was time for the kids to go out and play. I hung in my office to follow up on work as well as watch the kids from the window. After about an hour of play, Connor came to the front door (and of course was covered head to toe in snow). I can't even remember what he wanted but I said no. He threw a little fit and and I said no again. He was even pathetically and insincerely sweet by begging using the word please but the answer was still no. At this point he snapped and started telling me he hated me! Well after 2 weeks away from the kids I snapped too and started getting angry telling him that we don't talk like that in this house and certainly not to his mother. It got a little quite and I turned back to my computer assuming he would go out to play since he lost the battle. I then started to hear something which continued to get louder. As I turned around it was Connor peaking around the open front door saying "I still doooo (i.e. Hate you), I still doooo....I still do000...." Well momma put her ugly face on got up and yelled "Connor" to which point all I saw as ass and elbows running out the door back out into the snow. It was too funny. If any of you remember the Friends episode where Phoebe teaches Rachel how to run - same visual!
On Sunday, I decided to take the kids to a movie to give Hubby a little down time. We picked up one of Garrett's best buddies - who will go by J. J is quite the funny kid but today he had me beside myself. So he hops in the car and off we go. About a mile into driving he says, "I declare at 1:10". Not knowing what that meant I asked. He responded by telling me that he knew at 1:10 he was going to fart. Well true to his word he did which then required all windows going down in the car regardless of the fact it was 20 degrees outside. All the boys are laughing, I have tears running down my face only to have everything compounded by him saying it smelled like something was burned and then he looked at himself in my rear view mirror and said, "No you diiin't!" ps-he's 9!
Enjoy the evening. Hope nothing smells like it's burning in your house....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment