Thursday, May 20, 2010

The New Style Jingle Bells

Hey there!

Well I guess I should apologize for being out of touch. I’d love to say I’ll be better but I have a feeling it’ll be up & down as to my blog entries. Or, maybe my kids just aren’t as funny as I first thought J

So life has been busy over the last month. Work has been rather consuming and depressing but I think I see light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Either that or it’s the freight train coming to hit me. Between work, kids, job, hobby, kids sports….well I find myself just wanting to lay around and become sloth-like. If it weren’t for my kids right now - as they pull me in 42 directions everyday - I’d probably weight 400lbs and know all the key characters to all reality shows!

Perhaps it’s time to get funny. Garrett these days is Mr. Mature. He likes to try to help “correct” his brother’s erroneous ways. He likes to get his homework done before getting home – while he’s in after care. He’s been asking his dad and me to make sure we help him now and in the future with his school work. He’s trying new foods without being asked or beaten over his head. He said he is involved in the right sports because he now wants to go to the Naval Academy and they are looking for swimmers, runners, lacrosse players and triathletes. Ok then! Where the **** did this come from? He’s always been an amazing kid but this has been killing me. So, just when I come to the realization that my child has been taken and replaced by an adult, he pulled a fast one on me. I recently got a new phone. I picked a Droid (similar to an iPhone) and it’s great. It has all these little perks on it, one of which is installing Apps. The apps (this is for you mom) is an application that you can download into your phone, like games, news sites, horoscopes, etc. It’s pretty cool. Well I decided to download the Droid Fart. That’s right…I downloaded an App that makes fart noises. Now don’t ride me on this one. We all know farting is funny!!!! Who doesn’t laugh at them? You just hope it’s not you that lets it rip accidently! But it’s funny when anyone else does it. I remember my grandma from Oz bent over and let one slip and I didn’t think my mom or I would ever be able to breathe again as we laughed so hard!!! So…what does this have to do with Garrett you ask? I showed him the App and he loved it. I had also added some games so I gave him my phone so he could play them. About an hour later he gave the phone back to me and informed me that a telemarketer had called and he had answered the phone. I was a little surprised but asked him what he said. He then pushed the Droid Fart app and out came farting noises to the music of Jingle Bells. He explained that the telemarketer got to listen to this new and exciting version of Jingle Bells. Go Garrett! If a telemarketer is calling me at 8:00pm then I’m glad he heard farts of all types! However, I found out later when my phone rang…that he had set my ringtone to the same musical. Nice! Thank goodness it rang at home instead of out and about. I can only imagine what some of my accounts would have thought had they heard that. You never know – maybe it would’ve increased my sales as they would’ve felt sorry for me out of embarrassment. If nothing else they certainly would’ve remembered me!

My lesson for the day – do not leave your child unattended with your phone. They’re smarter than us with these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment